Green Heart Rescue is an all-volunteer 501(c)(3) non-profit rescue organization. It takes a village & we rely on private donations to provide care for our senior dogs. As we are an all volunteer organization 100% of your donations go directly toward the dogs in our care.
Interested in making a weekly, monthly or yearly donation? Consider Sponsoring one of our adoptable or hospice dogs!
Donation Items We Accept:
Dog Food – Canned, Raw, Freeze-dried – Due to the health needs of our animals we prefer donations be a quality brand found in pet stores including Molly’s Healthy Pet Food Market, Northwest Pets, Bark n Purr and H3 Petfoods. We try to avoid kibble as much as possible for our senior dogs due to many of them having kidney issues. Our current favorite brand of food for most of our dogs is Answers Pet food, which can be purchased at Molly’s Healthy Pet Food Market in downtown Boise. You can call to place an order and we will pick up!
- Dog beds & pillows – New or gently used. A great place to find beds for our dogs can be found here.
- Towels & blankets- new or gently used!
- Grooming Supplies – Earthbath Shampoo & conditioner, brushes,
- Exercise pens (we can never have enough of these as our rescue grows)
- Collars, harnesses & leashes.
- Paper Towels & Pet cleaning Supplies – (we love Natures Miracle) checkout our Amazon Wishlist for preferred cleaning supply brands
- WeeWee / Pee Pads, Dog Diapers, & Belly Bands
- Toys – new or gently used
- Food & Water Bowls
- Pill Pockets & quality brand treats
- Supplements – Many of our senior pets are on supplements to improve organ functions such as liver and kidney. See our amazon wishlist for our currently used supplements.
- Any item on our amazon wishlist
Have something you think we could use that isn’t on the list? Email us! Our pets & volunteers so appreciate your generosity!
How to Get Donations to the Rescue:
We currently do not have a drop off location. Please email us about how to get items to us.
**If you have a large item or big quantity of items it is easier if a volunteer coordinates with you directly so our donation bin does not overflow
Additionally Donations purchased at Molly’s Healthy Pet Food Market, located in downtown Boise will be picked up by a volunteer. Simply let them know the donation is for Green Heart Rescue.
Further opportunities to help our senior pets can be found on our Volunteer & Foster tabs.
THANK YOU TO OUR CORPORATE SPONSORS
Intermountain Gas Company
Next Level Digital Solutions
Boise Pet Photography
Wet Yellow Dog Web Design
THANK YOU TO OUR ONGOING SUPPORTERS
THANK YOU TO OUR FOSTER FAMILIES
THANK YOU TO OUR VOLUNTEERS